Last week we talked all about how Neuro-Structural Chiropractic helps with allergies, seasonal and otherwise. If you missed it, you can find the full article here.
So now that we have your nervous system working at its best to combat allergies, we can talk about what supplements can also provide support.
- Allergies are an inflammatory response, and omega 3 fatty acids reduce inflammation in our system while also supporting a healthy gut, nerves, heart, and brain.
- The Protocol for Life Balance Omega 3s we carry here in the practice are the highest quality oil from cold salt-water fish and in the correct ratio of EPA/DHA that is as close to as found in nature as possible.
- You can learn more about Omega 3s here.
- Vitamin D3 boosts your immune system response. Vitamin D can activate certain regulatory immune system cells that prevent the release of chemicals that cause and worsen allergic responses.
- Vitamin D3 should be taken with K2 to help with absorption. In the office, we carry the Design for Health Vitamin D that is coupled with both vitamin K, specifically K2, and MK-7 for synergistic support.
- Click here for more about Vitamin D and why else it is so important.
- Support your gut health with a spore-based probiotic. Gut health is key to supporting your body’s natural ability to remove toxins from your system, boosting your immune system, and increasing your body’s ability to handle whatever comes its way.
- We recommend Bio-Botanical Research’s Proflora 4R because it is a combination of Quercetin, Marshmallow Root, and Aloe Vera extract to provide additional nutritional support for “leaky gut” and a healthy microbial balance. Plus, because it is a spore-forming probiotic, it is undamaged by antibiotic therapies and stomach acid, surviving to reach the intestines nearly 100% of the time as opposed to most probiotic pills, only reaching the intestine 5-10% of the time.
- Learn more about gut health and probiotics here.
Pick up one of each on your next visit and stop allergies in their tracks!