Many people find the end of the year to be an extra stressful time. Some of the additional forms of stress people experience include:
- holiday foods, alcohol, sugar, and cookies 😉
- extra social engagements
- year end work/school pressure
- family pressure
- cold weather/less sun
We already know that stress in any form is what leads to Neuro-Structural Shifts. So as we look forward, you can approach your health in a couple of ways:
- be PROACTIVE and plan ahead for additional support to help you handle all that life throws at you, or
- be REACTIVE once you are already feeling underwater, stressed, injured, or in pain?
Thinking Proactive is the better choice? We think so too.
Some ways to plan ahead are to:
- pick and choose your social engagements
- add in an additional round of your corrective stretching each day
- meditate or rest more
- pick what healthy meals you are going to stick with and what meals you are going to splurge on
- plan for an extra hour of sleep each night
- schedule additional chiropractic adjustments to ensure we help keep you from shifting and help your body STAY OUT OF Fight or Flight/ Stress physiology.
- If you are traveling, preschedule any visits you will miss before you leave, not after. Having a strong nervous system, free of interference ensures you to be at your best and helps your body to adapt to stress.
We will have holiday closures this month. Keep an eye out for specific dates next week.
As they say, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”