Neuro-Structural Shift is the primary condition we take care of at Platinum Chiropractic. We look for Structural shifts and Neurological obstructions in the spine by performing an examination:
- SAM Evaluation
- Surface EMG (electromyography)
- Orthopedic Testing
- Neurological Testing, etc.
Neuro-Structural Shifts are typically the underlying cause of many secondary conditions (symptoms).
A Neuro-Structural (NS) shift consists of two anatomical components:
- Biomechanical component – your spinal vertebrae (the 24 moveable bones and the discs in-between that protect and surround your spinal cord)
- Neurological component – your spinal cord and delicate nerves (wires that carry vital nutrients, information, and energy throughout your brain and body)
When these two components measure outside of their normal range, we call that a NS Shift. Amazingly enough, we only feel 10-15% of our body. This means we can’t only trust pain or what we feel. We need to use objective testing.
In fact, 85-90% of our body’s function and health can’t be felt or controlled consciously.
It’s only when we lose 40% of our nerve function that we experience symptoms that we can actually feel. Yes, 40% is already lost before we are able to notice a tangible sign!
Therefore, keeping your nervous system at its best is imperative for your overall health.
For example, we had a patient who wanted relief from their lower back and leg pain.
- They also had a history of headaches, diabetes, and reduced kidney function which limited their life.
- They were taking pain, diabetes and anti-depressant medications to control these symptoms.
We performed an examination, found they had NS Shifts, and put together a care plan to correct those NS shifts. After 4 months of care, this person remarked their:
- weekly headaches stoped after the first week of care.
- lower back and leg became pain-free.
- kidney function normalized, and could stop their medication.
- They were no longer diabetic and could stop that medication!
The chronic symptoms they were just living with are now gone, and they have been able to go back to hiking, running, and playing with the grandkids! They got their life back!
Structural problems require a structural solution. More often than not, a person’s structure affects more than they realize. It isn’t simply aging that is holding you back, your overall health has everything to do with your spinal health.
Are NS Shifts stopping you from living your life? Let’s schedule an exam to determine if we can help you get back to doing what you love without chemical medications or permanent surgery.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule.