I found myself complaining to a personal trainer about feeling bloated and “stuck” when it came to my relationship with food.
Despite what I thought of healthy eating, and having logged nearly 1,700 miles on a bicycle for the year, I was discouraged with my weight and low energy levels.
He asked me a few questions about my dietary habits, asked if I have ever done any kind of dietary reset, and suggested I investigate Platinum Chiropractic’s Platinum Purification Program.
I wasn’t sure what to expect.
- to be hungry. I never was.
- to feel unable to complete 50-mile bike ride without an egg sandwich or other carbs. I wasn’t.
- food and recipes to be boring and flavorless. They weren’t.
- to be out there on my own without support
I didn’t expect:
- it to be so easy to follow the plan and not “cheat”
- to learn that I could fundamentally change how I eat and how I snack
- to learn afterward bread, rice and pasta really leave me feeling rather yucky and red meat, even the good stuff, wreaks a bit of havoc on my system
- to incorporate some simple changes on a permanent basis
- to enjoy investing time and energy in cooking and preparing food from scratch
- to find that first cup of coffee when it was all over really wasn’t that tasty!
Overall, this was a really great learning experience.