As promised, here are a few recipes to help you with this weekend’s challenge. Preparing your meals ahead of time is a great way to make sure you eat healthy all week long, even with a busy schedule.
Tips: 1) You can substitute chicken for any kind of fish and substitute the listed veggies for your favorites. 2) If you prefer, you can cook the chicken plain and add salsa/pico de gallo to your bowls later.
Chicken Veggie Bowl
Ingredients (Makes 10 Meals):
- 20 ounces baked sweet potato
- 20 ounces cauliflower rice
- 40 ounces of romaine lettuce
- 5 cups/40 ounces roasted asparagus, chopped
- 5 cups/40 ounces roasted broccoli florets
- 5 cups/40 ounces roasted brusselsprouts
- 40 ounces prepared Grilled Chicken
- Set oven to 375 degrees
- Place cubed vegetables on a large baking sheet. Drizzle lightly with olive oil, season with kosher salt and pepper, and roast in the oven for 40-50 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine spices and seasoning of your choice. A good combination is garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Drizzle oil all over chicken and generously coat with seasoning mixture, shaking off excess. Grill chicken (5-6 min per side) or place chicken on a sheet pan with 1 or 2 lemon slices on each piece. Put baking sheet in the oven until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Make your cauliflower rice, follow the direction on the package.
- To prepare your bowls, separate ingredients into 8 separate travel containers.
- Place 1/4 cup sweet potato, 1/4 cup cauliflower rice, and 1 cup of romaine lettuce into each container.
- Top with a total of 1 1/2 cups of your cooked vegetables. Mix up the type of vegetables for each bowl so you have a variety each day.
- Add 4 ounces or 1/2 cup of your cubed chicken.
- Now you have 10 meals ready to eat!
Notes: 1) You can substitute banana for any fruit of your choice. Apples and frozen strawberries are also a great choice. 2) Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides can be purchased at Whole Foods in the supplement section.
- 2 handfuls of kale
- 1 handful of spinach
- ¼ cup banana
- ¼ avocado
- 1 cup coconut water
- ¼ cup ice
- 1 tbs Chia Seeds
- Option: 1 serving of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides for some protein
- Blend! You can add less or more ice depending on your consistency preference.
- To meal prep for the week, divide veggies and fruit in advance. You can store them in the freezer in ziplock bags or mason jars to avoid plastic.
Tips: 1) To stop avocado slices from browning, squeeze with some lemon or lime juice. 2) Divided portions into storing containers once the burgers have cooled.
Ingredients (Makes 10 burgers):
- For the Burger
- 4 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium red onion, minced
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 avocados, pitted and sliced
- Lemon juice
- Pico de Gallo
- 10 cups of Butter Lettuce
- 50 Ounces of Sweet Potato
- 8-10 Cups of Sauerkraut – recommend (https://www.farmhouseculture.com/kraut)
- For the Burger:
- Follow this amazing recipe from Paleomg. Just multiply the recipe x4. The Perfect Burger
- Roast sweet potatoes on a large baking sheet, drizzle lightly with olive oil, and season with kosher salt and pepper.
- Top burger and other ingredients on butter lettuce
- Each serving should have 1 burger, about ¼ avocado, scoop of pico de gallo, 1 cup of butter lettuce, 5 ounces of sweet potatoes, ¼ cup of sauerkraut