How is everyone feeling after the holidays? Stiff? Achy? Inflamed?
“But all I did over the holiday was relax…”
This is something we hear over and over this time of year. And it reminds us that Neuro-Structural Shifts are caused by stress on the body that comes in three forms:
- Chemical Stress: (sugary foods, sodas, alcohol, medications)
- Emotional Stress: (work, school, relationships, seasonal holidays)
- Physical Stress: (sitting, computer/phone time, slips, falls, car accidents, repetitive movements)
While your usual stressors may have been less over the last week, your holiday stress may have been worse.
- What have you been eating or drinking?
- Did you have emotional stress from being around family?
- How have you been spending your time? Sitting on the couch more?
- Driving or flying to visit family? Sleeping in a guest bed?
As we talked about in our newsletter a few weeks ago, all of these stressors contribute to causing Neuro-Structural Shifts.
Remember, your spine is a reflection of your life. By the time we “FEEL” something, that means our nerves have been up to 40% compressed. So what are some healthy actions you can take to limit stress? How about:
- Participating in our Platinum Nutrition Program starting January 16th to reset and clean up your nutrition
- Stretching more throughout the day
- Going for walks to clear your mind and reduce mental stress
- Staying consistent with your Neuro-Structural Chiropractic Adjustments
We wish you all a Happy New Year and look forward to continuing to share our natural, drug-free health solutions with you and the people you love.